Legislation VMS will advocate for in 2020 includes:
- Insurance Practices - Advancing meaningful out-of-network coverage and charges for patients; protecting physicians from unfair contracting and reimbursing practices.
- Suicide Gun Violence Prevention - Supporting a waiting period and assault weapon restrictions.
- Marijuana Policy - Opposing commercial sales of marijuana and emphasizing prevention funding and after-school programming.
- Mental Health – Supporting the creation of a forensic mental health system.
- Tobacco Control – Supporting a flavor ban for all tobacco products, including e-cigarettes and menthol combustible products.
- Reproductive Health – Allowing minors to consent to STI prevention services.
Click here for the full list of VMS 2020 Legislative Priorities. Please reach out to Jill at email@example.com to learn more.