VMS/Massachusetts Medical Society Partnership – Special Member Discount
The Vermont Medical Society has formed a partnership with the Massachusetts Medical Society that gives VMS members a 25-percent discount on all of MMS’ online CME courses.
To take advantage of this opportunity, view this tutorial, which covers topics such as searching course offerings, using the discount code, creating a user account, and course payment.
To view MMS course offerings, click here.
If you have any questions about the registration or login process, please contact the MMS Continuing Education Department at (800) 322-2303, ext 7306, or via email at email@example.com.
Free online pain management and controlled substance CME course offerings
- S.C.O.P.E of Pain Online Trainings: Offered by Boston University School of Medicine: http://www.bumc.bu.edu/cme/educational-opportunities/online-programs/rems13/ (3 CME credits)
- Massachusetts Medical Society: Online courses on Pain Management and Prescribing Opioids: http://www.massmed.org/cme/#OPM (range from 1-6 CME Credits)
- Vermont Academic Detailing Program: Management of ADHD and Management of Insomnia (meets prescribing controlled substances requirement) http://www.uvm.edu/medicine/ahec/?Page=vermontacademicdetailing.html
- Webinars offered by Prescribers’ Clinical Support System for Opioid Therapies (PCSS-O): http://pcss-o.org/education-training/ (for programs that offer CME credit, search for upcoming or archived webinars offered by AAAP, AAPM or AAN)
Vermont Physician Leaders Initiative
- With the generous support of the Physicians Foundation, the VMS Education & Research Foundation is able to offer a leadership curriculum to all Vermont physicians interested in affecting the future of the region’s health care delivery system. For more information, visit: http://www.vmsfoundation.org/vpli
HIPAA: Free CME Programs on Compliance (Free account and log-in to Medscape required)
- Patient Privacy: A Guide for Providers (0.5 Category 1 CME Credit) http://www.medscape.org/viewarticle/781892?src=ocr
- HIPAA and You: Building a Culture of Compliance (0.5 Category 1 CME Credit) http://www.medscape.org/viewarticle/762170?src=ocr
- Examining Compliance with the HIPAA Privacy Rule (0.5 Category 1 CME Credit) http://www.medscape.org/viewarticle/763251?src=ocr
Medical School and State CME Programs