Educational Resources & Links
As the practice of medicine is ever-evolving, VMS works diligently to assist its members by providing a growing compilation of information and helpful resources. If you have questions that these resources don’t answer, please contact us.
- Vermont Guide to Health Law
A comprehensive guide was written by Vermont health care attorneys and other experts designed to give physicians and health care facilities a fundamental understanding of legal and regulatory requirements that affect the delivery of health care in Vermont today.
- Health Equity Page
- Opiate Prescribing & Substance Use Disorder Information
- Veterans Affairs Airborne Hazards and Open Burn Pit Registry
- 2019 Act 68 requested that VMS collaborate with the Department of Health to disseminate information regarding the health impacts of exposure to burn pits to our 2400 physician and PA members.
- Vermont Board of Medical Practice
- Section 1557 Summary and Resources: Regulations implementing a prohibition of discrimination by health care services found in Section 1557 of the Affordable Care Act
- Americans with Disability Act Information: Providing access to medical care for individuals with mobility disabilities
- Interpreter Issues and Resources
Physician-Assisted Death / Medical Aid in Dying (Vermont Act 39)
For more information about Act 39 in Vermont, please see the following resources:
- Department of Health Website dedicated to the Patient Choices and Control and the End of Life law including forms for patients and physicians and FAQs
- Vermont Ethics Network overview of PAD and the law
- VMS Guide to Health Care Law chapter on End of Life
Vermont Therapeutic Use of Cannabis
Understanding Workers' Compensation - A series by Nelson S. Haas, M.D.
- Part I: History of Workers’ Compensation in the United States and Vermont
- Part II: Vermont’s Workers’ Compensation Statutes, Rules, and Legal Precedents
- Part III: Understanding Workers' Compensation: Workers' Compensation and Medical Ethics
- Part IV: Determination of Causation in Workers' Compensation