VMS is excited to hold a webinar series on Afghan & Refugee health. The goal of this series is to provide information to health care professionals to better serve and support Vermont’s refugee communities. Content will be framed with a health equity lens that promotes culturally and linguistically appropriate health care screenings, services, and supports.
For more information or to request that your webinar series be added, please email Birdie Pauley at BPauley@vtmd.org.
Refugee Health Webinar Series
Each series session will run from 12:15pm to 1pm EST.
- June 30, 2022 | "Cultural Considerations" presented by Tracy Dolan (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Andrea Green (email@example.com), register here
- July 14, 2022 | "Strengths and Challenges of Afghan Resettlement in VT" presented by Amila Merdzanovic (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Joe Wiah (email@example.com), register here
- July 28, 2022 | "Domestic Health Assessment" presented by Andrea Green, register here
- Date to be Determined | "Providing Catch Up Immunizations/Ongoing Care Pediatric" presented by Stan Wenberger
- August 11, 2022 | "Lead" presented by Matt Saia (firstname.lastname@example.org), register here
- September 8, 2022 | "Hepatitis B and H. Pylori" presented by Laura Catoe (email@example.com). register here
- September 22, 2022 | "Tuberculosis" presented by Heather Link (firstname.lastname@example.org), register here
- Date to be Determined | "Using an Interpreter" presented by Cathy Kelley Stan (email@example.com)
- September 29, 2022 | "Social Work Considerations for New Americans" presented by Cathy Kelley Stan (firstname.lastname@example.org), register here
- October 13, 2022 | "Mental Health of Afghan Refugees" presented by Saida Abdi (email@example.com) and Karen Fondacaro (firstname.lastname@example.org), register here
- Date to be Determined | "Medical Legal Partnerships" presented by Andrea Green
- Date to be Determined | "Medical Considerations in Providing Care to Adult Afghan Refugees" presented by Sean Bullis (email@example.com)