Monkeypox (hMPXV) Updates
For more information and clinical guidance, see:
- CDC Information for Healthcare Professionals
- BiState Primary Care Association Monkeypox Outbreak Links Document
- Vermont Department of Health HMPXV Information for Clinicians
- If Clinicians suspect hMPXV, call the Vermont Department of Health Infectious Disease Program at 802-863-7240 (option 2) to speak with an epidemiologist 24/7. They will help determine whether testing is indicated. If so, they will guide you through the process of specimen collection and sending specimens to the Vermont Department of Health Laboratory or commercial labs.
- If eligible patients contact practices looking for vaccine, please contact the Health Department at (802) 863-7240, Option 0, or email AHS.VDHImmunizationProgram@vermont.gov. You will be referred to an administering location or instructed on how to obtain a dose for your patient.
- Clinicians who see a patient with a rash characteristic of hMPXV and one or more risk factors should have a low threshold for testing for hMPXV.