State and Federal Small Practice and Business Assistance
Health Care Provider Stabilization Grant Program Online Application Portal Link The first AHS application period is now open for all Vermont health care provider applicants from July 17, 2020, through August 15, 2020.
For more information please click here.
Health Care Provider Stabilization Grant Program Guidance Documents:
- Program Overview
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Application Readiness & Documentation Uploads Guide
- Expenditures Guide
- Peer Support & Program Pre-Approval Certification
- Revenue Changes Guide
- Financial Assistance To Date Guide
- Sign Up for the Listserv to stay up to date on important changes and announcements
- Online Question Submission Form
Health Care Provider Stabilization Grant Program: Webinar Series
This week, AHS and DVHA hosted an informational webinar series on the Provider Stabilization Grant Program. Here is the schedule and recordings:
- Monday, July 20th, General Overview of the Program - Slides and Video Recording
- Tuesday, July 21st, Completing the Revenue Expenses (focus on providers that bill insurance for revenue)- Slides and Video Recording
- Wednesday, July 22nd, Completing the Revenue Expenses (focus on providers that mainly take out of pocket, grants, and other non-insurance revenue) - Slides and Video Recording
- Thursday, July 23rd, Claiming COVID19-related Expenses - Slides and Video Recording
- Troubleshooting Password Issues - Slides and Video Recording
Hazard Pay Grant Program Application Online Portal - Open Now
The Front-Line Employees Hazard Pay Grant Program application portal opened Tuesday, August 4th. Employers who are eligible applicants may submit applications for a lump sum grant award to distribute hazard pay to their eligible employees. The link to the application portal is here. As a reminder, funding will be distributed on a first-come, first-serve basis so employers are encouraged to apply as soon as possible. Hazard Pay Program Guidance and Application Instructions, including the required Summary Report of Eligible Employees are located here. If you have questions after reviewing the guidance documents, please use the online question submission form and AHS staff will respond as quickly as possible.
Vermont Practices Contacted if Eligible for Federal Financial Relief
In recognition that many Vermont Medicaid clinicians may still be uncertain whether or not they are eligible for the federal financial relief allocated for Medicaid providers through the CARES Act Provider Relief Fund, DVHA wanted to let clinicians know of recent communication from HHS. HHS informed Vermont Medicaid that it had identified 1,902 Vermont Medicaid medical, dental and long-term support and service providers as potentially eligible for the Medicaid Provider Relief Fund. If you received a recent email from DVHA, you were identified as a Medicaid provider potentially eligible for the federal Medicaid Provider Relief Fund distribution. As of July 15th, only 34 of Vermont’s potentially eligible providers have applied for financial relief. Medicaid providers must submit and complete an application (see instructions here) to HHS’ provider portal by August 3, 2020 (the date has been extended). Providers with questions about eligibility, whether a payment has been issued, and/or where the payment was sent should call the CARES Act Provider Relief Fund Help Desk at 1-866-569-3522 and press option 2 or visit the HHS CARES Act Provider Relief Fund website for more information.
Repayment of Accelerated and Advanced Payments Begins This Week
National Government Services (NGS) is reminding Part B Medicare providers that repayment of Accelerated and Advanced Payments (AAP) began July 27th, 2020. Providers have a 90-day window to make their AAP repayment, with each provider having a unique repayment due date based on the date your AAP was issued. Click to read more on the NGS recoupment process.
- AMA Medicare's COVID-19 Advanced Payments - Updated May 14, 2020
- AMA: Financial Guidance for Physicians During COVID-19 - Updated July 9, 2020
- Small Business Administration Funding - Paycheck Protection Program
- PPP applications are again being accepted, with a new application deadline of August 8, 2020. The program has about $130 billion in funds remaining.
- Economic Injury Disaster Loans and Grants - Provides an emergency loan up to $10,000 to small businesses and private non-profits harmed by COVID-19 - reopened program July 2020.
- AMA: CARES Act Loans and other Financial Assistance - Updated May 6, 2020
- Practice Resources - IRS COVID-19 Tax Relief Guidance
- QPP and VT All-Payer Model - QPP Covid-19 Guidance - OneCare COVID-19 Resources for Vermont Clinicians
Resuming Elective Care Resources
- Principles and Guidance for Outpatient and Inpatient Care During COVID-19 - 4.30.2020 - VMS, VAHHS, Health First and Bi-State Primary Care
- Governor Scott Announces Some Elective Services May Resume - 5.5.2020
- Vermont Department of Health Phase 2 Guidance for Inpatient Surgeries and Procedures - 5.20.2020
- Vermont Department of Health Phase 2 Guidance for Outpatient Services: Clinic Visits, Diagnostic Imaging, and Limited Outpatient Surgeries and Procedures - 5.22.2020