VMS 2021 Advocacy Month
Are you passionate about health care policy issues? Fired up about public health? Are you curious about how you craft a successful advocacy message?
Now more than ever, VMS member voices are critical to improving care for Vermonters, Vermont’s health care system and your practice environment.
Virtual Advocacy Actions
- Feb. 4th- The Vermont House and Senate recognized the dedication of Vermont’s health care workers during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Feb.11th- VMS hosted a virtual Advocacy training with legislative leaders and physician advocacy experts.
- Feb. 18th- February's Thursday webinar focused on Race and Health Equity and screening tools that promote anti-racism.
- Feb. 25th- This virtual Town Hall discussion gave Vermont health care providers an opportunity to ask their important COVID-related questions.
February 4th, 2021
Resolution H.C.R. 9 honors Vermont's health care workers!
Watch a recording of the Vermont House and Senate adopt resolution H.C.R. 9 in a virtual ceremony which honored the dedication of Vermont’s health care workers during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Read the full VTDigger press release
February 11th, 2021
Thank you for attending the 2021 VMS Advocacy Training!
Download the VMS 2021 Advocacy Toolkit
The Vermont Legislative leaders below provided insight on the components of an effective legislative message:
Interactive, member-led breakout sessions gave attendees the opportunity to craft and practice delivering their own message!
1. Access to Reproductive Health - w/Lauren MacAfee, M.D.
2. Public Health Advocacy (Titled "Injury Prevention" in the Advocacy Toolkit") - w/Becca Bell, M.D.
3. Mental Health - w/Simha Ravven, M.D.
VMS hopes that attendees and users of the toolkit were able to develop messaging skills for use in all of your leadership roles!
Thank you for attending the 'Race & Health Equity' webinar!
COVID-19 has exposed health inequities that exist not only in our nation, but right here in Vermont. Dr. Rebecca Bell shared importnat information on AAP-VT’s process thus far to help support pediatricians and other health care providers in addressing these issues.
Thank you Rep. Peter Welch and those on Sen. Sander's and Leahy's staff for joining us!
This virtual Town Hall focused on the the latest COVID-19 relief bill and what it means for Vermont health care clinicians.