Vermont Medical Society
Event and Program Assistant
The event and program assistant as a full time, hourly position (37.5 hours/week) that provides administrative and project support to the organization. The Vermont Medical Society is a membership organization serving over 2,400 physicians and physician assistants by providing advocacy, education, and administrative services. The Assistant may also provide support for the Vermont Practitioner Health Program, a program that serves health professionals whose ability to practice medicine is impaired. Schedule will generally be 5 days/week, 7 ½ hours each day, with some flexibility needed to work occasional nights and weekends. Remote work from any location possible with occasional need to attend in-person events in Vermont. Hourly rate $18-20/hour, depending on experience. Generous benefits package including health, dental and vision insurance, paid vacation, and leave.
Examples of Work:
- Coordinating logistics for meetings, events and conferences including site negotiation and selection; inviting and coordinating faculty and trainers; scheduling; advertising; registration; preparation of training materials/supplies/equipment; and program administration.
- Assisting Business Manager with financial tasks as required, such as reconciling bank and credit card statements.
- Membership support including maintaining membership database and assisting with dues invoicing.
- Arranging travel for staff and event faculty; reconciling travel expenses.
- Attending Board and Committee meetings, taking and preparing minutes.
- Assisting staff with editing, preparing and/or formatting documents, as appropriate, such as newsletters, annual reports, and other documents as needed.
- General administrative support including mailing, scanning, , copying, sorting mail, ordering office supplies, preparing, and modifying documents.
- High school diploma: Associate’s Degree preferred with two years of relevant office experience
- Excellent computer skills with standard office hardware and software
- Outstanding attention to detail in all administrative skills
- Ability to plan, implement and coordinate administrative activities
- Willingness to learn and take initiative
- Excellent customer services skills, including telephone skills
- Strong communication skills
Submit a cover letter, resume and list of three references to VMS Business Manager Colleen Magne at email@example.com. No telephone inquiries please. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.