Vermont Guide to Health Care Law
View the Vermont Guide to Health Care Law here.
The Guide is designed to give physicians and health care facilities a fundamental understanding of legal and regulatory requirements that affect the delivery of health care in Vermont today.
VMS has worked with leading health care attorneys and experts across the state to review, revise or author each chapter of the Guide, including frequently-requested topics such as retaining medical records, closing a medical office and minor consent for health care.
The list of topics covered includes:
- Business Issues
- Consent, Privacy and Medical Records
- Employment Contracts - Physicians
- Employment Law
- End of Life Considerations
- Fraud and Abuse Compliance
- Marijuana for Therapeutic Use
- Mental Health and Substance Abuse Treatment
- Non-Discrimination in Health Care
- Patient-Physician Relationships
- Pharmaceutical Issues
- Practitioner Health and Recovery Programs
- Professional Liability
- Regulation of Physicians
- Reporting & Disclosure Requirements
- Reproductive Health and Rights
- Risk Management
- Workers’ Compensation
Send comments or questions to Jessa Barnard at email@example.com.